Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good Food, Good Friends

It seems I’ve been blogging a lot lately about new products, new places and my reviews. The world of peanut/nut allergies is evolving and it’s great to see all these companies following suit.

Tonight we had my husbands BF B, his wife M, and their 2 kids over for dinner. It was the first dinner we have had with them in a long time where we were all able to have a glass of wine. They have a 2 ½ year old and a 9 month old, so watching the kids play was nothing short of adorable. In fact B had allergies as a kid, and their son had a dairy intolerance for a long time that he has since outgrown, so they are all too familiar with the whole allergy routine.

They are always finding cool new products, and it’s so nice that they are often checking labels on my behalf. In fact it was M who first introduced me to Quinoa after having found a company that guaranteed no traces of nuts/peanuts. B and M always bring goodies whenever they come over. Along with some other stuff, tonight they brought 2 packages of delicious peanut free, dairy free, egg free, kosher (pareve) cookies. Chocolate Chip, and Double Chocolate. Of course I assumed they would taste like cardboard given the lack of ingredients, but I was fooled. They also brought an individual chocolate fudge cake and an Oatmeal Raison Cookie for me that I will try tomorrow as I’m all sugared out right now. The company is called ‘Sweets from the Earth’. The motto- Sweet, natural, simply delicious desserts. You know the old saying, don’t judge a book by it’s cover, we’ll in this case the packaging is quite nice and appealing but I still had my doubts. After tasting the cookies I felt like a total food snob for having judged them before even tasting them. It goes to show that anything is possible. I’ve had my fair share of cookies in the past, and I’m impressed. Now I’m really looking forward to trying the cheesecake!

P.s… they have a gluten free bakery as well!

:)

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment