Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"For Halloween i'm going as a peanut allergy"

That statement was posted as the status for one of my Facebook friends this morning. When I saw it I was triggered and felt as though it was my responsibility to address this ridiculous statement with her. I was consumed with how to respond in the nicest possible way almost to educate her rather than making her feel stupid. I called my husband first. He suggested asking her what a peanut allergy looks like. I called my sister next, she suggested I confront her immediately. I called a friend next, she told me this was just a quote from last night’s Glee episode! Since I am not a Glee fan, or a gleek I don’t know the character that actually made this statement or the context it was made in. I do know that I hold no animosity towards my FB friend, and I also know that sometimes I need to lighten up about all things peanut related!

:)

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment