Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to work

So, my mat leave is officially over. I am heading back to work tomorrow. FYI I am a Social Worker. I keep telling myself that since I am going back part time it will be fine. If I got a dollar for everyone who asks me (in a sympathetic tone), "how are you feeling about going back" I'd be rich!
Now that I have to be at my desk in less than 12 hours, I am starting to freak out. Not in a bad way, I am not worried about the boy at all. He will be well taken care of. I am worried about things other people don't have to worry about. While I was making lunch for tomorrow (because there is no safe place around my office to grab a sandwich from), I was thinking about how my allergy really impacts every aspect of my life. I packed some lysol wipes in my bag because I am going to have to clean my desk, computer and phone, since god knows what the person before me has eaten and touched. I made mental note to buy a new Epipen to leave in my secretary's office as a back up in case I have a reaction at work and people don't know where I keep my purse. I will have to explain my allergy to my office mate who I have never met before (I am hoping PB sandwiches are not her staple lunch food). I will have to remind my teammates of my allergy, AND I will have to actually work for the first time about a year and a half! I'll let you know how it goes!
:)
J

No comments:

Post a Comment