Monday, December 6, 2010

Google It

I don’t know about you, but I am a huge fan of google, and I google everything. When I type peanut allergy into the search box, it says there are 767 000 results. Sites like medic alert, press releases, and other reputable organizations around peanut, nut or food allergies are listed first, But scrolling through the pages, I found blogs and other resources that I never knew existed. The internet is a tremendously valuable resource to most people on both a personal and professional level. I have been a member of peanutallergy.com for years. This website allows me to reach out to others when I have a simple question about a restaurant, product, travel etc... As you know from a recent post, I am also subscribed to anaphylaxis canada’s network, where I receive regular emails on peanut, nut and other food related recalls. There are so many helpful sites out there, and I can only speak for myself, but it’s nice to know I’m not alone. It’s amazing how the internet has changed the way I handle my allergy. I regularly contact companies to double check their products before I try something new. In fact, on the FAQ page, there is often a statement on how the company handles allergies. All to say, if you need more info, just ‘google it!’.

:)

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment