Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Sharing!

I’m on a 100% no sharing policy!

Since the boy was born I have been involved in different music groups, playgroups, gym classes etc… The moms always bring their toddlers snacks and sometimes these snacks get shared or grabbed by the other kids. Most of the moms are allergy aware and would never bring a nutty snack. Despite this I am still the mother running around ensuring my child does not take food from any of the other kids, eat off the floor or grab someone's snack, just in case. On the same note, I recognize people mean well by offering to share their child's snacks when another toddler seems interested in it, but in my opinion people should never feed other people's kids without permission. Sharing is caring, but with an allergy sharing is not so caring.

How do you handle these situations?

:)

J.

1 comment:

  1. I simply say "Thanks for the offer, but I have food allergies, and I brought my own safe snack.". That usually works! Of course, questions often arise about what you're allergic to, your food rules, etc. If you are not in the mood for a long, drawn out conversation, and just want o enjoy the get-together, "No thank you, I've already eaten" or "I'm full" works too! I guess I play it by ear, but those are my stand-bys. :)

    ReplyDelete