Friday, November 11, 2011

Peanuts and Medication

The other day I had a close call. I was prescribed a medication that had peanut oil in it. Luckily, I have a habit of double checking EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth, including medication. While I was waiting for the pharmacist to check his book of medications, I googled the medication, and to my surprise there was in fact peanut oil in it.

This situation reminded me that I can never be too careful. It is my responsibility to double check everything including medication. So for all you allergic people, double check!

:)

J.

4 comments:

  1. What? Medicine with peanut oil?!! That is crazy and something I'd never imagine.

    I came across your site on the Circle of Mom's top 25 Food Allergy Mom Blogs. It's given me the idea to start a blog hop for allergies, asthma and eczema - parents or adults dealing with the condition. Please check out the page here and add a comment if you'd like to join. Thanks!

    http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    I am also a person living with peanut allergies and I just moved to Montreal. Do you know of any safe restaurants that are peanut and nut free? I live in the downtown area and I have been to Zero8, but haven't found any other places yet.

    Thanks!
    P.S. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the comment! Sorry I just saw it now! here is a list of some restaurants I go to:

    Downtown:
    Jane (on Notre Dame-Pizza)
    Mbrgr (on Drummond-Burgers-A personal Favorite)
    Pizza Napolitana (Little Italy-Italian-Bring your own wine-great to go with a group)

    Not downtown:
    Mikado (Monkland-Sushi)
    Marathon (Decarie-Greek)
    Cho Cola (Monkland-Cupcake bake shop)

    Double check with each of these places before you go. I always ask even if I am there the previous week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. itchylittleworld (Jennifer): I would love to join your blog. Ya, crazy about the medication, right!! Thanks for reading!

    :)
    J.

    ReplyDelete